RPCVs4EA have a history of taking action. Here are more examples of actions we've promoted from other important partners or sources. All actions are intended to make the planet a cleaner, safer, healthier place for all humans to live.
Do you have ideas of other actions? Post them on our Facebook page, using the hashtag #RPCVsTakeAction.
....find more since August 2015 on our Facebook page!
- October 27, 2017: Promote CCL 4th Annual Congressional Education Day in Washington, D.C.
- October 24, 2017: Promote Climate Reality Project Training.
- October 24, 2017: Promote California constituency to sign petition to Governor to protect the environment and stop taking money from the oil industry.
- October 23, 2017: Promote 350.org call for November house parties to share information about the #GoFossilFree movement and mobilize locally.
- October 23, 2017: Broadcast Friends of the Boundary Waters advocacy work about the impact that the Minnesota mining industry has on the Boundary Waters and wild rice beds, and encouraging Minnesota state residents to sign petitions and make phone calls to their legislators.
- October 23, 2017: Using the Center for Biological Diversity's Petition, request the U.S. Forest Service to stop drilling and fracking in the Ruby Mountains of Nevada.
- October 19, 2017: Promote Sierra Club advocacy letter to Congress to protect the Arctic National Wildlife Refuge.
- October 18, 2017: Encourage voter followup with their Senators who signed (with thanks) or who did not sign (with request to change their position) a Senate Great Lakes Task Force letter to EPA Administrator Pruitt requesting full funding to the Great Lakes Restoration Initiative.
- October 11, 2017: Promote 350.org's petition to EPA Administrator Pruitt to hold public hearings on his plan to roll back the Clean Power Plan.
- October 6, 2017: Promote National Resources Defense Council (NRDC) petition to Congress in opposition to EPA Administrator Pruitt's plan to drastically cut funding for the EnergyStar program.
- October 5 and September 30, 2017: Promote petitions from Organizing for America and Environmental Defense Fund to the EPA in support of continuing the Clean Car Standards Act.
- September 22, 2017: Promote Minnesota 350.org September 28 public rally in protest of the Line 3 pipeline.
- September 7, 2017: Promote Organizing for America's steps for each of us to work at city, county, and state levels on actions in support of Paris Agreement.
- September 6, 2017: Promote petition to the White House We the People site requesting the administration publish climate science report without political interference and censorship.
- August 31, 2017: Promote 350.org petition to Congress to take action to legislate for the climate, not against it, post-Hurricane Harvey.
- August 28, 2017: Promote Conservation International's letter of thanks to climate scientists for their work in protecting the planet.
- August 22, 2017: Promote calls to Virginia Department of Environmental Quality (DEQ) on proposed pipelines -- Mountain Valley Pipeline and Atlantic Coast Pipeline
- August 18, 2017: Promote calls to White House to protest the removal of the ban on bottled water in national parks
- August 12, 2017: Promote petition to Wisconsin governor trying to push thru relaxation of environmental regulations for a specific company.
- August 12, 2017: Promote Low Carbon Crossings bike trip across the U.S. to raise awareness about climate change.
- August 6, 2017: Promote Sierra Club petition to save the Giant Sequoia National Monument.
- July 27 and July 20, 2017: Promote NPCA Call Your Senator action in support of Peace Corps funding.
- July 23, 2017: Promote NRDC petition to Senate to save funding for Clean Water projects.
- July 17, 2017: Participate in Monuments to America rally in Flagstaff, AZ to raise awareness about Department of Interior's plan to decomission certain national monumenmts.
- July 12, 2017: Promote petition and public comment to EPA plan to rollback the Clean Water Rule.