How can you get involved - Peace Corps?
The Returned Peace Corps Volunteers for Environmental Action (RPCVs4EA) advocates with state legislators and the U.S. Congress on behalf of the environment. We welcome appropriate advocacy opportunities with other governments. This includes letter-writing, signing petitions, and taking direct action. Calls for #RPCVsTakeAction are posted on our Facebook page.
The RPCV4EA Peace Corps Action Team (PCAT) works with Citizens' Climate Lobby to influence public policy in support for climate change and connect the RPCV network with the CCL organization. Learn more about PCAT and get involved here.
RPCVs4EA also works with the National Peace Corps Association (NPCA) to advocate on behalf of future, current, and returned Peace Corps Volunteers, including support of legislation that:
- Maintains or increases funding for the Peace Corps program;
- Protects the health and safety of currently serving volunteers;
- Honors and supports those who have completed their Peace Corps service.
Here are some Peace Corps advocacy resources
- Use NPCA's Action Center to send a message to your Congressional Representatives about pressing issues
- Learn more about the Peace Corps community's current advocacy initiatives
- Check our calendar for upcoming advocacy events
How can you get involved - the Environment?
- Post calls for environmental action directly to our Facebook page or Google listserv.
- Join other environmental action groups with a local presence in your community, such as, but not exclusively:
We should all be advocates for the environment. For specific questions or suggestions, contact firstname.lastname@example.org
Become a Member
Join the RPCVs for Environmental Action to stay connected and support Peace Corps community initiatives!
1. First, you will choose your membership level with NPCA. Select Free (the minimum required), or include a donation level (optional).
2. Then, select which NPCA affiliate group(s) you would like to join, including ours (free).